Sunday, June 7, 2015

Chapter 6 Guided Question

I am going to admit to breaking a cardinal rule of a flattened classroom and social media.  I am invisible.  I am there; but I do not contribute much.  As a teacher-leader, I will need to ensure that I am visible in my flattened classroom.  Being visible means having a well-developed digital footprint.  The three "R"s from our text book, Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds, are receive, read, and respond.  I would say that I am good at receiving.  I do check my favorite sites i.e. Facebook, use Blackboard for school or read the news online.  I would rate reading everything at fair to midland.  I will admit that the responding is a serious weakness in my digital footprint.  I cannot treat work/school online activities so cavalierly.  As a teacher-leader, I need to make the conscious effort to be visible by vigorously monitoring and responding constructively to students in my flattened classroom as well as with coworkers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment