Monday, April 9, 2018

ED 307 Partnering Pedagogy Investigation

Challenge-based learning was not what I thought.  It is a variation of most of the partnering pedagogies.  I thought that there would be criteria in a specific "challenge".  There are no limits, requirements or restrictions.  A challenge is just like a problem in problem-based learning.  It must be a real-world, authentic challenge/problem.

Apple produced a very nice classroom guide.  It is worth printing in full page.  I will keep it in my reproducible resource pile.

As far as researching partnering pedagogies in general, I found the information for using heterogeneous groupings was compelling.  Ability was the big factor for groupings.  Students may not benefit from mixed-ability groups.  Ability grouping has been a touchy issue in education.  This information leaves me in the same quandary that the education profession is in.   

I am going to make a disclaimer.  In the research that I found on this topic for this assignment, I found that there were several phrases that should be good--"research says . . . "positive benefits".  I don't like or feel comfortable with the phrase "research says . . . "positive benefits" when there are no articles or specific research projects actually cited.  Kagan was an exception by showing specific information from a research project in his online article, Cooperative Learning Structures Can Increase Student Achievement.


No comments:

Post a Comment