Sunday, April 1, 2018

Blog Desgin Entry 5: Module Development

This may seem silly; but, it is dawning on me that teaching has a lot of up front work to be done.  I think the volume is what is clicking in my head.  I have experience in a K4 classroom.  I would prepare a head of time i.e. songs to sing, coloring, or worksheets.  The volume is going to change.

For our module development, there is volume in weaving the web of internet links and directions.  I say thank God for computers.  I am old enough to remember typing on a electric typewriter without a dictionary.  I have copied and pasted to my hearts content.  It is not so daunting of a task because there are basic instruction/directions that are repeatable with a tweak here and there.  

I am concerned about the "content" within the modules online; because, most of the content is derived from the assigned books--real actual paper.  I will use YouTube videos on the books.  I have figured out a way to use the videos so as to not give a way the story away.  I will ask the student:  "How would you do it?"  In other words, I will ask the students to critique the video based on the book.  I will figure out how to diversify my content with in the module.  

I think my course is really doable in a classroom setting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment